Wednesday, April 9

Calming Rusted Playground

April 9th, 2053

I took a walk today among the atomic autumn trees. I found this old path back to a playground. No doubt at one point it was full of the cheerful screams and laughter of children, now only rust resides there.

It did me good to get away from the city, away from the air-raid sirens and the weeping of the buildings. Back to what this country once was, peaceful and serene. It made me feel human and almost alive again. I swung on the creaking swings, nothing too ambitious, just back and forth, thinking of absolutely nothing. The Preacher's death seems to have hit me harder that I thought. I've felt disconnected since hearing the news, the walk and the forest helped.

I think I'll go and see what is said when they send the Preacher off. Maybe I'll even say a few words, we were close, once. Maybe I'll even get involved in the whole resistance movement, god knows we could use some changes around here...

No comments: